|Birthday|| Unkown 1973 (Manga)
Unkown 1998 (Anime)
|Age|| 16 (Early)|
17 (In the middle)
18 (At the end)
|Relatives, etc.|| Unnamed Mother |
Shinichi Izumi (Boyfriend)
|School||West High - former high school|
|Anime debut||Episode 1|
|Manga debut||Chapter 2|
|English Voice||Luci Christian|
|Live Action||Ai Hashimoto|
Satomi Murano (村野 里美 lit. Murano Satomi) is a deuteragonist in the series. She is Shinichi Izumi's best friend and companion (sometimes). Over the course of the series, they develop a romantic relationship, but their attraction to and fondness for one another is hampered by Shinichi's fear of his own monstrous nature, and Satomi's fear of Shinichi's secretive behavior and the mood swings that result from the trials and tribulations in his life. She has no idea about Migi up until the end, though a near-death experience may have driven him to use his abilities without Shinichi's realization.
Satomi is an attractive teenage girl that other people have feelings for her which causes Shinichi Izumi to get into fights. She has several different appearances in the anime and manga.
- In the anime, she has chin-length maroon hair that is clipped up in the front with a green hair clip and maroon-brown eyes.
- She no longer uses her green hair clip, which shows that she has bangs swept to the left.
- In the manga, she has chin-length dark hair with a fringe hanging on the left side and dark-colored eyes.
Satomi is depicted to be a very average young girl with a overall cheerful attitude and she is shown to have interest in Shinichi Izumi at the beginning of the show as she has a rather obvious crush on Shinichi, to which her friends tease her with. She even describes Shinichi's change as "cool" and even notes this change to Shinichi himself. She is also shown to greatly care about her friends and Shinichi as well, as shown when Satomi often goes to Shinichi's house to check on him when he's missed school or when he's seen lost in thought.
Satomi serves as Shinichi Izumi's main love interest and forms a special relationship with him throughout the story. Though it was awkward at first due to Izumi's constant changes and the terrors that were happening around them at the time, their relationship eventually grew to a balanced point. By the end of the story, Satomi is Izumi's true lover and helps him as he continues to retake his University Levels Exams.
- The name Satomi means "village" (里) (sato) and "beautiful" (美) (mi).
- In the Tokyopop westernized release, Satomi is named "Sara".
- Satomi's surname Murano means "town, village" (村) (mura) and "field, wilderness" (野) (no).